- B-eng (Saxion University of Applied Science)
- LEED AP (Building Design & Construction) by USGBC
- LEED AP (Operations & Maintenance) by USGBC
- WELL AP, WELL Faculty by IWBI
- Living Future Accredited by ILFI
Gerrit-Jan evolved from an dedicated energy technology specialist towards an all-round building consultant, passionate of improving sustainability, health and wellbeing in the development, design, construction and operation of buildings and neighborhoods.
Gerrit-Jan uses methods which lead to structural improvements of healthy sustainable buildings. His enthusiasm resulted in becoming the first LEED & WELL and Living Future Accredited Professional in the Netherlands. He is recognized by the US Green Building Council as “2016 USGBC’s Astounding Advocate”. He thinks no rating system is necessary, but it could be very helpful to create a sustainable and healthy build environment.
Examples of recent project:
- VGZ Health Insurance, Arnhem (17.000m²)
- ABN AMRO Paviljoen, CIRCL Amsterdam (3.700m²)
- PostNL HQ, Den Haag (20.000m²)
- SHELL HQ, C23 Den Haag (45.000m²)
- UPS DC Copenhagen (17.000m²)
- Inditex warehouse Lelystad (180.000m²)
- MSD Animal Health, de Bilt (12.000m²)