100+ DIGEST #10
100+ Forum Russia
Digest # 10
September 30 – October 5, 2019
On September 30, 2019, the organizing committee for the VI International Forum and Exhibition of High-rise and Unique Construction 100+ Forum Russia.
"This year, the business program for the forum will include 80 sections. They will all be active simultaneously and will be held in 8 halls of the IEC Ekaterinburg-EXPO conference center. There will be 320 speakers, 50 of whom are from outside of Russia. The list of exhibition participants includes more than 100 exhibitors: technology and materials producers, leading developers and architect firms", – said Vera Belous, Head of the working group for 100+ Forum Russia.
At the meeting, the committee discussed strategy for further growth of the forum for the next 6 years. It is planned to make 100+ Forum Russia the largest construction-related event in the country by 2025. Arkady Chernetsky, Senator of the Federation Council and Deputy Head for the 100+ Forum Russia organizing committee, stated that "it is necessary to establish the forum as the main platform where global and technological construction agendas and state policy are formed. To succeed at this by 2025, we need to increase the total exposition space to 50 thousand sq. m. as well as the number of exhibitors to 500 and the number of business program sections to 100.
It was also decided what the organizing committee will look like in 2020 and who will be the head of the working group. Vera Belous, Executive Director of The Guild of Builders of Urals, was appointed for the latter. It was suggested that 100+ Forum Russia 2020 take place in the first ten days of October.
100+ Forum Russia Business Program
Confirmations have been received from:
- Joao Silva – Managing Partner, Lissoni Casal Ribeiro. Joao Silva manages the department of architectural contests and concept development for projects all over the world, such as NYC Aquatrium, Language Symphony and High Lines. Joao Silva will be a part of two sessions: "City of the Future: The Image" and "Transport Infrastructure Planning in Cities of the Future". He will speak about a futuristic concept of the Museum of Language in London and landscape of the city of the future based on the example of High Lines project, New York City;
- Aleksey Kushnir – Head of Information Modelling Department, Swedish architectural bureau Semrén & Månsson. Alexey himself shared that "from the very moment of the creation of our bureau – it's been 50 years now – we have dedicated a lot of effort to economical and technical aspects of design as well as the architectural aspect. We always try to make sure that an investor understands a given project, that's why we provide accurate data which we get with the help of information modelling data analysis. At 100+ Forum Russia, Alexey will give a speech on "Changes to Architects' Role in Digital Era of the Industry. New Tools of Investment Risks Management for Developers". The speech will be a part of the Russian Forum of BIM-technology session which will take place on October 29-30 at 100+ Forum Russia.
- Lukyashchenko Ksenia – Partner at EcoStandard Group, Head of Ecocertification Department. Ksenia has 10 years of experience in green building certification and development of Russian "green" standards. She was the one who headed the LEED certification process for the first ever certified construction in Russia, which was the Hamilton Standard-Nauka building. At 100+ Forum Russia, Ksenia Lukyashchenko will give a lecture on "green" districts: goals and modern principles of creating LEED and BREEAM-compliant eco-friendly environment. She will talk about current requirements for planning of streets and open spaces for citizens as well as their gentrification; she will also mention methods of minimizing environmental damage and protection of environment in accordance with global standards.
On October 30, a session dedicated to the construction of the UMMC multifunction ice arena in Yekaterinburg will be held at the forum. List of speakers: Daniil Kritsky, CEO, AO "Ledovaya Arena"; Miroslav Shtuka (CEO, S&P Architektura), Gerhard Feldmeyer (Managing Director, HPP International) and Sergey Smirnov (Deputy CEO, ZAO GORPROEKT). At the session, the discussion will include matters of unique constructions design and construction work flow organization as well as implementation of modern technology. The project of a public space for the ice arena will also be discussed, as it is considered to be a part of the "green" strategy of Yekaterinburg.
Exposition: 100+ Urban Technology
99 participant applications have been received. The most number of applications have come from Sverdlovsk Region, Moscow comes second and Saint-Petersburg – third. There are 19 participant-companies that come from abroad.
Among the newly confirmed exhibitors:
- TIMILINK will install their "Urban Smartphone" terminals in the exhibition pavilion. Urban Smartphone is an innovative public gadget which allows you to make calls, browse the web, stream videos, provide information, sell tickets, goods, services, make selfies and a multitude of other things;
- OOO VASTERM will exhibit their build-in floor convectors, floor and wall mounted convectors, heating radiators;
- AO MOSTDORGEOTREST will showcase their software for material working in dynamic tests of building foundation soil of buildings and constructions.
- OOO Yugor-Ural will present their line of products – street lights, hardscape elements: benches, trash bins, flower pots; aluminium and cast-iron castings.
100+ Forum Russia in media
100+ Forum Russia now has 100 informational partners all around Russia. Applications for press credentials for the forum – September 29 to November 1 – are now accepted.